Broaden your opportunities with us!
The master’s programme «Digital technologies in socio-humanitarian practices (Digital Humanities)» is geard to information technology professionals, who plan to build own career in companies engaged the development and promotion of software and information products for social and cultural spheres. The understanding special aspects of modern society and culture, a human behavior in the new environment of the digital world, their interaction with technologies, a basic knowledge of design and communication practices will not only produce quality products, which meet the expectations of users, but also create a whole new objects, including in the arts, museum practices and education.
What Is Digital Humanities?
- latest breakthrough growth area for the humanities in modern world;
- study of the specific nature of the new world, critical analysis of social and cultural effect of digital technologies, their potential and limits;
- development of the specialized software and geographic information systems (GIS);
- conceptual design of software for the field of humanities;
- application of computational technologies to cultural heritage: creating and maintaining digital libraries, archives, and digital museum collections, performing digital reconstruction;
- creative work: new media, computer-aided design (CAD), industrial design.
All these kinds of tasks require the involvement of cross-disciplinary teams in which scholars and digital technology experts work together. Moreover, there is a need for versatile professionals who would be able to provide a comprehensive overview of the situation and take into account the specifications of a certain field of work in order to build a roadmap for possible solutions, technical and technological in particular. Not only should these specialists be able to introduce the solutions, but also implement many of them.
Why Choose Our MA Programme in Digital Humanities?
- receive education that meets global quality standards;
- perform scientific research in the context of new agenda;
- be a part of global scientific community;
- choose your personal educational path (the сurriculum is designed according to each learners’ needs);
- try new educational technologies (problem based learning, project work, online and distance education);
- get familiar with digital research methods from the entry level (no previous experience in programming is necessary);
- scholarship and grant programs possible;
- meet new international friends and colleagues.
Our graduates are in demand: professional activities of the Master’s programme «Digital technologies in socio-humanitarian practices (Digital Humanities)» include programming, information systems, user experience design (UX), user interface design (UI), information architecture (IA), various types of research, consulting, and analytical activities in the IT sector and social and humanitarian areas that require in-depth basic preparation as well as research and scientific-pedagogical activity.
Where To Work?
More and more companies these days are in search of employees with deep understanding of technologies and ways people may use them.
Fields of work: programming, consulting, analytics, UX & UI design, web-analytics, media management, social robotics, computer game, mobile application development, modern digital art, big data storage and management, work in museums and archives, scientific research, teaching, and more.
- social media expert;
- social robotics designer;
- cyber security specialist;
- virtual attorney;
- game designer;
- technical writer;
- game programmer
- project manager/mediator in IT
Master’s degree in: Applied Informatics
Language: Russian and English
Part- or full-time status: full-time, part-time
Duration: two years (four semesters)
Entry requirements: The programme is designed for international students with a Bachelor, Specialist or Master degree in various fields. To be admitted to the Programme the applicant must pass the admission tests.
Credits: 120 ECTS
Standard period of study: 24 months
Starts in: September
English ( exam or providing an «IELTS» or «TOEFL» certificate).