In 2016, the program «Digital Humanities» successfully passed the international accreditation process, evaluated by the Foundation for International Business Management Accreditation (FIBAA, Germany). This program accredited without additional conditions and restrictions until 2022 (the maximum period of accreditation).The master`s program complied with all 52 quality requirements and beat its target on 9 quality requirements.
FIBAA is an international agency (non-profit foundation) on accreditation and examination of the quality of higher education, with its headquarters in Bonn, Germany. It was founded in 1994 and assists higher education institutions in maintaining a high level of quality of education in the field of economics, management, law and social sciences.
The Master’s degree programme “Digital Humanities” aims to strengthen the practice-oriented focus of humanities education and the creation among students having Information and Communication Technology competence of specialists in the social science and humanities sphere; to expand the research tools of specialists in sphere of social science and humanities; and to increase skills in the field of IT consulting and project development.
What Is Digital Humanities?
- latest breakthrough growth area for the humanities in modern world;
- study of the specific nature of the new world, critical analysis of social and cultural effect of digital technologies, their potential and limits;
- development of the specialized software and geographic information systems (GIS);
- conceptual design of software for the field of humanities;
- application of computational technologies to cultural heritage: creating and maintaining digital libraries, archives, and digital museum collections, performing digital reconstruction;
- creative work: new media, computer-aided design (CAD), industrial design.
All these kinds of tasks require the involvement of cross-disciplinary teams in which scholars and digital technology experts work together. Moreover, there is a need for versatile professionals who would be able to provide a comprehensive overview of the situation and take into account the specifications of a certain field of work in order to build a roadmap for possible solutions, technical and technological in particular. Not only should these specialists be able to introduce the solutions, but also implement many of them.
Why Choose Our MA Programme in Digital Humanities?
- receive education that meets global quality standards;
- develop a set of digital skills required by most employers, governments, and other institutes of modern world, including social media, blogging and microblogging services, fields as game design, advertising, journalism, digital visualization, supervision, and more;
- perform scientific research in the context of new agenda;
- be a part of global scientific community;
- choose your personal educational path (the сurriculum is designed according to each learners’ needs);
- try new educational technologies (problem based learning, project work, online and distance education);
- get familiar with digital research methods from the entry level (no previous experience in programming is necessary);
- scholarship and grant programs possible;
- meet new international friends and colleagues.
Objectives of the Master’s degree programme:
- Formation of professional ICT competencies in the social science and humanities sphere
- Developing research skills
- Formation of competence in the field of IT consulting and project development
Our graduates are in demand: professional activities of the Master’s programme “Digital Humanities” include various types of research, consulting, and analytical activities in the IT sector and social and humanitarian areas that require in-depth basic preparation as well as research and scientific-pedagogical activity.
Graduates’ activities include: teaching in institutions of higher education; management activities; management in the field of communications; design, development, and promotion of Web resources; peer assessment activities of digital resources; consulting services on application of humanitarian technologies in state and municipal institutions; consulting on the development of the information society and information technology.
Where To Work?
More and more companies these days are in search of employees with deep understanding of technologies and ways people may use them.
Fields of work: analytics, web-analytics, internet communications, programming, consulting, marketing and advertising, media management, social service, social robotics, computer game design, mobile application development, modern digital art, big data storage and management, art and culture, work in museums and archives, scientific research, teaching, and more.
- social media expert;
- social robotics designer;
- coordinator of online learning;
- personal charity platform moderator;
- crowdsourcing specialist;
- cyber security specialist;
- virtual attorney;
- game designer;
- technical writer;
- game programmer
- project manager/mediator in IT
Master’s degree in: Philosophy
Language: Russian and English
Part- or full-time status: full-time, part-time
Duration: two years (four semesters)
Entry requirements: The programme is designed for international students with a Bachelor, Specialist or Master degree in various fields. To be admitted to the Programme the applicant must pass the admission tests.
Credits: 120 ECTS
Standard period of study: 24 months
Starts in: September
- Philosophy (exam);
- Speciality (interview);
- English ( exam or providing an «IELTS» or «TOEFL» certificate).